- Collaboration between different institutions to create and share standardized policies and protocols for creating safe and welcoming spaces for immigrant children and their families.
- Promote educational opportunities on immigrant health through speakers and free webinars provided to pediatricians.
- Provide support for AAP opportunities such as CATCH grants that promote immigrant health endeavors.
- Establish partnerships with local organizations also focused on promoting immigrant health that align with the mission of AAP-CA.
- Work to mitigate effects of harmful policies, such as public charge regulations, by mobilizing and assisting our collaborators to provide accurate information to physicians and immigrant families.
- Operationalize and expand current National AAP resources on Immigrant Health and aligning with the AAP Council on Immigrant Child and Family Health.
- Focus on legislative change by advocating for policies that promote, rather than hinder, immigrant health.
The California Chapter 1 program aims to dispel misinformation about the public charge rule through a two-pronged approach that creates accurate resources with current and periodically updated information for 1) physicians and 2) immigrant families and advocates. The first set of resources will target providers and immigrant family interactions to ensure that patients and families are receiving accurate information in healthcare settings. The second set of resources will focus more broadly on community members and will span multiple different media to reach a larger population.
Visit the initiative website:
- AAPCA1 Statement on Violence Against Children
Click HERE for AAPCA1’s Statement on Violence Against Children
Interested in getting involved?