AAP California Chapter 1 (AAPCA1) offers unmatched opportunities for members to connect and engage with other members to inspire positive change at the local level:
- Two CME conferences per year with opportunities for post conference networking.
- Monthly Chapter Newsletter
- Opportunity to participate in Chapter Committees
We are involved with pediatric training programs in Northern and Central California and our members at large (MAL) represent different areas of the region. Recognizing and acting upon local needs is the core purpose of AAPCA1. We strive to support our members at all levels.
If there is no MAL representing your area, we welcome you to become that leader.
The Value of Your Membership
- Increase involvement in the legislative arena to positively influence the quality of pediatric practice and the welfare of children in Northern California
- Build coalitions with other organizations to improve children’s health and well-being
- Promote the interests of California pediatricians in the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Collaborate with statewide legislative advocacy efforts on behalf of children and pediatricians in California
- Participate in National AAP sponsored advocacy training and advocacy summit
- Receive timely legislative alerts
- Contribute to Chapter Committees working on child health issues
- Run for chapter office and serve on the Board of Directors and represent the pediatric colleagues in your Northern California community
- Participate in chapter projects directed at community action
- Network with other pediatricians with similar interests via committees
- Become a mentor/Find a mentor
- Represent chapter and state affairs in National AAP positions
- Receive discounted registration for all Chapter 1 CME activities
- Receive pediatric updates in our chapter newsletter
- National, State and local professional pediatrics updates for your practice
- Learn more about how the recertification process works and be prepared to successfully complete this process
- Public health posters and handouts for your practice and your patients
Pediatric medical providers are eligible for Chapter Membership. If you would like to help us but aren’t a pediatric provider, click HERE to donate to our Foundation.