6th Annual Pediatric Puzzles CME Conference
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Lowell High School - Auditorium
1101 Eucalyptus Dr
San Francisco, CA 94132
Please join California Chapter 1, American Academy of Pediatrics for its 6th Annual Pediatric Puzzles Interactive CME Conference! This year’s topics include Dermatology in Skin of Color, Advocacy and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Pediatrics, Psychopharmacology, Pediatric Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Gender Questions in Primary Care, and Lipids Screening and Treatment. As always, all the talks will be in audience-response format.
This event is made possible in part by an AAP educational grant supported by Abbott Nutrition, a proud supporter of the AAP.
Introducing our Speakers
Everyday Advocacy for Pediatricians and Practical Ways to Enhance Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Pediatrics
Dr. Nusheen Ameenuddin is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Community Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. She serves as Chair of the American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Communications and Media. She is also Chair of Diversity and Inclusion of the Mayo Clinic Health System.
She is most passionate about advocating for underserved populations and immigrant populations who face barriers to healthcare. Dr. Ameenuddin has participated in vaccine education outreach with the Minnesota Department of Health, partnering with leaders in the Somali community and visiting mosques.
Dr. Ameenuddin also has a strong interest in health equity and the effects of media on children. She is an active #tweetiatrician on social media who helped spearhead the video campaign as part of the AAP’s #KeepKidsCovered initiative. She also testified before the US House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce about children’s media used during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr. Ameenuddin received her MD and MPH degree from the University of Kansas Medical Center. She completed a pediatrics residency at Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education. She was selected as a Commonwealth Fund Fellow in Minority Health Policy at Harvard Medical School where she also completed a Master of Public Administration degree at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
Taron Davis, MD
Pediatric PM&R for PCP
.Dr. Taron Davis is a pediatric physiatrist, a specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation for infants, children and adolescents with disabling conditions. He cares for young people with amputations or limb deficiencies, and for those who have issues with physical function resulting from brain or spinal cord injuries, rheumatic disorders, cancer, neurological conditions or musculoskeletal conditions.
I have taught many clinicians over the years and the basic, overarching message I have shared with them is this: the recipe for healing is connection. I look forward to creating these types of connections in this new position..
7:45 am – 8:30 am Registration Desk and Exhibits open in Foyer
Continental breakfast for registrants.
8:30 am – 8:45 am Welcome and Introductions
8:45 am – 9:30 am Everyday Advocacy for Pediatricians – Nusheen Ameenuddin, MD, MPH, FAAP
9:30 am – 10:15 am Lipidemia: Inspiring your Patients to Make a Change – June Tester, MD, MPH
10:15 am – 10:35 am Questions for Drs. Ameenuddin & Tester
10:35 am – 10:55 am Break
10:55 am – 11:40 am Communicating with Gender Expansive Youth – David Inwards-Breland, MD, MPH
11:40 am – 12:25 pm Pediatric PM&R for the PCP – Taron Davis, MD
12:25 pm – 12:45 pm Questions for Drs. Inwards-Breland and Davis
12:45 pm – 1:35 pm Break / box lunches served outside
1:35 pm – 2:20 pm Rashy, Crusty, Pale Spots? Oh My! – Jennifer Sorrell, MD
2:20 pm – 2:30 pm Questions for Dr. Sorrell
2:30 pm – 2:50 pm Break
2:50 pm – 2:55 pm Energize inside (with video)
2:55 pm – 3:40 pm Practical Ways to Enhance Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Pediatrics – Nusheen Ameenuddin, MD, MPH, FAAP
3:40 pm – 4:25 pm Psychopharmacology – Andrew Giammona, MD
4:25 pm – 4:45 pm Questions for Drs. Ameenuddin and Giammona
4:45 pm – 5:00 pm Final wrap-up
6.5 Total CME Credits
|$225.00 Early, $275.00 Regular|
|$300.00 Early, $350.00 Regular|
|$150.00 Early, $200.00 Regular|
|$175.00 Early, $200.00 Regular|
|$200.00 Early, $250.00 Regular|
|$75.00 Early, $75.00 Regular|
Refund policy: Refunds less a $15.00 cancellation fee is available until 11/30/2021 with NO refunds after this date.
Scholarships: Limited scholarships are available for medical students and trainees. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Physicians-in-Training include residents and medical students. This rate is limited to a maximum of five individuals.
CME Credit Statements:
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the California Chapter 1 of the AAP. The American Academy of Pediatrics is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The AAP designates this Other activity (Live in-person and Internet Live) for a maximum of 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- This activity is acceptable for a maximum of 6.50 AAP credits. These credits can be applied toward the AAP CME/CPD Award available to Fellows and Candidate Members of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- PAs may claim a maximum of 6.50 Category 1 credits for completing this activity. NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
- This program is accredited for 6.50 NAPNAP CE contact hours of which 0 contain pharmacology (Rx) content, (0 related to psychopharmacology) (0 related to controlled substances), per the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) Continuing Education Guidelines.
*SFUSD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity described in this document.