Program Director – AAP Orange County Chapter
The American Academy of Pediatrics – Orange County Chapter is seeking an experienced, dynamic, self-starting leader for the position of Program Director. The Program Director will oversee the planning, implementation, evaluation, and sustainability of the various community-based programs of the AAP-OC including:
- Supervision of program staff
- Developing/controlling program budgets
- Developing/implementing grant/program policies and procedures
- Participating in obtaining funds/grants to expand and sustain programs
- Developing and sustaining community collaborations and engagement to grow and expand program reach
- Participating in strategic planning with Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Coordinating/integrating program activities with others in the organization.
- Participating in AAP-OC Chapter events and activities, as needed.
The Program Director will report to the AAP-OC Executive Director and will lead program management and coordinator staff to successfully implement and grow the community programming work of the Chapter.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Nonprofit health grant and project management experience
- Grant-writing and fundraising experience
- Ability to oversee multiple programs, meet deliverables, develop and follow program budgets
- Ability to provide reports as required by contracts and grants
- Ability to be a team player and display diplomacy
- Demonstrates personal initiative and devotion to organization’s mission
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and one-on-one communication
- Excellent and proven writing skills
- Must exhibit strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook/Outlook Express and Excel)
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in social media and other e-communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and/or the occasional weekend
- Knowledge and familiarity with population of Orange County, CA and/or other ethnically diverse communities highly desirable
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and strong use of correct English language usage and grammar
- Ability to communicate regularly with supervisor, staff, submit reports, take constructive feedback, and follow assigned directions
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong collaboration skills, with the ability to be flexible
- Strive to develop friendly and positive relationships among staff, clients, volunteers, and the general public
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health science, social science, nonprofit administration, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Experience in child health education, preferred
- Valid California Driver’s License and safe driving record; maintain current required auto insurance for assigned transportation duties
$75,000 – $85,000 Annually
- Full Time, Exempt
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (partner/family coverage available for additional cost) ● Paid Time Off 12 Paid Holidays
- 401k retirement benefits
- Flexibility in schedule and time working in office
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume (reference the position name in the subject line and/or cover letter) to:
AAP-Orange County Chapter
Attn: Jamie S. McDonald, MPH, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
AAP-OC Chapter is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse staff and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
AAP-OC is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership organization, serving approximately 500 pediatrician, and child health professional members serving Orange County, CA. Our vision is to be the Voice of Pediatrics in Orange County. We do this through our mission: To promote pediatric excellence through advocacy, member support, and community engagement to achieve optimal health for Orange County Children.
Posted on August 21, 2023.