The California Governor’s Office on Emergency Services is asking every physician, nurse, social worker and other healthcare providers to take this FREE one hour online course which clarifies questionable situations regarding what is reportable and how to proceed.
Over 1.5 million children in California suffer at least two instances of childhood abuse and neglect, according to a report by the nonprofit Children. We obtained a grant that expires at the end of September; so we’re encouraging all eligible practitioners to take this free 1.25 credit hour course online before the month is out.
This course is:
- Designed for physicians, nurses, social workers and other healthcare professionals who have contact with children.
- Approved for 1.25 AMA PRA credits.
- Offered at no cost to all California healthcare providers thanks to a grant from the California Governor’s Office on Emergency Services.
- Pre-registration is required to assure that only healthcare professionals access the course. Pre-register with your name, degrees, practice specialty, and email address on the IMQ website. (http://wwwimq.org/education/caprrc.aspx)
- You immediately will receive a confirmation email with a link to the course which is not available on the public portion of the IMQ website.
- Upon completion of the course, you will be asked to complete a post test and evaluation.
- You then will receive a certificate with CEU credits.
- The course will remain available to you to return and review through September 30, 2017.
Tips on Registering:
- 1. go to website http://www.imq.org/education/caprrc.aspx
- 2. complete IMQ website pre-registration
- 3. IMQ will then send to your email address a website link; go to this new website link
- 4. IMQ will then provide you information about the course (Child Abuse Prevention: Recognition and Reporting 2015)
- 5. Click “add to cart” and the website will take you to registration
- 6. Complete registration (which asks you for more contact details); by doing this, you create an account. Create a password.
- 7. Now you can purchase (for $0) the CME course; go to checkout and purchase
- 8. Once you complete the purchase, IMQ will send you a registrant notification
- 9. Now, you can go to yet another website which then allows you to start the CME (go to My Account and click on Product)
- - there is a green button to play
- - there is a blue button to obtain the certificate afterward